Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tattoo Inks

Tattoo Inks as we all know are used all the time. Since a big part of my job was watching set after everyone was done I had to travel light. Even though I have every palette ever made (they are addictive)you can not take them all to set. Keep your makeup bag light. Plus you find even in the trailer you start to use a color here and there from the different palettes. I started to buy my favorite ones in liquid form. Pour the liquid Tattoo colors of choice into empty plastic containers. Leave the lids open and in a few days the colors will turn into solids. Now you have custom Tattoo ink palettes. I used those plastic empty pill containers that have 7-day compartments. After filling four of those with my preferred colors I could easily take better options with me to set. A few of my favorite palettes are Temptu Grease and Grime,Temptu Burn, Temptu Trauma, Skin Illustrator Fleshtones, Skin Illustrator Grunge. Have fun mixing your own colors!

No comments: